SUMMER ACCESSORIES, Chapter Two.
1. Fold-Over Clutch in Orange by Claire Vivier: I love the idea of a simple square, zippered pouch to throw your keys, phone, i.d. and credit card in when you are running out the door (think picnic, the beach, grocery store, coffee shop). This leather is soft and can be folded down or kept in its square shape. PLUS it is my favorite color for summer.. orange!
2. Oh em gee. This Suno X Loeffler Randall Erin Wedge is perfection. (Click here to read about the socially conscious Suno brand.. an awesome example of fair trade, social responsibility and beautiful fashion through its employment and sustainability of the Kenyan artists, designers, etc. who make up the majority of the company) The print is awesome and I love love love the curve in the back. I feel like these would be perfect for a warm summer evening concert or a night on the patio drinking wine, either dressed up a bit with a buttoned-up, black shirtdress or kept casual with cut-off levi’s and a cream, knit sweater.
3. I have been resistant to this style of small, round framed sunglasses, but these Freida Illestevas have finally made me change my mind. I think its the neautral, multi-color design, and they would be so darling with a simple, black, jersey maxi-tank-dress, belted at the waist with flat sandals. (Another reason why I am obsessed with NeedSupply, they have an awesome selection of accessories right now)
4. My favorite print of the season: giraffe. This scarf is so great because its lightweight and sheer but still makes a statement. This would be perfect to add to any outfit, but I think it would be especially darling with a chambray button-up and slouchy trousers, rolled up with a wedge.
5. Alexander McQueen Corndolly Skull Ring: We all need to feel a little bad-ass at times, and what better way to channel our inner rage than a $300 timeless McQueen skull piece?? I just love everything about this ring, its pretty perfect. The size is great because it adds the extra bling effect to any outfit without having to layer on a hundred pieces.
6. Last but not least, the best take on a cowboy hat I have come across in a while. The Geall Hat by Malene Birger is perfect for those of us fair-skinned ones who burn after being in the sun for two minutes. The plain white color with the black and white ribbon trim makes it so classy but it still has the fun western shape. It goes with anything and you can actually dress it up too… and its on sale!